We offer catalytic seed funding to innovative ICT4D projects in partner countries, within our thematic areas and crosscutting ICT4D priorities. Innovative and experimental projects are encouraged, along with strategic interventions in specific areas. Projects that generate good results are expected to be upscaled.
- democracy: e-government, e-governance and ICT for empowerment
- education: education management, e-learning and digital literacy
- health: health care management, e-health and public health
Crosscutting ICT issues:
- low cost and high quality technology
- free and open source software (FOSS)
- mobile technology for development (M4D)
Crosscutting development issues:
- youth empowerment
- cultural creativity
- capacity development
We focus primarily on the twelve priority countries for Swedish development cooperation: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
The process of applying for grants is described in the section Grant applications.